Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another near Fatal accident today!!!

Another near Fatal accident today!!! 10 months 3 weeks ago #90135

• dudley hayden
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
KITESURFERS Please Note: I had another very near fatal today.Flying tracht with 2012 switchblade 11m in 20 knots, with power slightly trimmed. Had a good session late afternoon with tide pushing in. Normally would kill kite by IDS de power, but as tide high the water was full off rubbish and seaweed this whould tangles lines on de power, I went to self land on the grass. Flew kite to edge of window and de powered quickly by pulling outside line to kill kite. Kite bladder stayed about a half a foot of the ground.....I then went to unhook the safety leash.......gust caught kite and re powered doing a LOOP to the left, I hit the IDS immediately however slipped on grass at same time and the by pass leash got stuck around the kite handle, so bar wouldn't release and de power!!!! By time kite had done its second loop I had un-tangled the de power leash...but kite was still powered due to twisted lines!! I used the final safety on the Donkey to Cut away. In those 2 seconds!!! I had gone from grass on tracht to just before the wall when i cut away!!! Kite landed on the trees of that white house by the parking lot with line across the road and over the wall.

Lesson 1: never use a safety leash on a 2012 switchblade if you are riding hooked in!!!! It gets tangled. A safety leash for this kite is only for UNHOOKED riding!

Lesson 2: never attempt a self land in over 20 knots by pulling the outside line to kill the kite, it can re power if not fully flat on the ground!!!

Lesson 3: "Always" that's ALWAYS you the kites IDS or main DE-POWER!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another near Fatal accident today!!! 10 months 3 weeks ago #90137

• kennypooh
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
you forgot lesson "4".... always bring a spare pair of under crackers ...lol..

bad luck man , is the kite wrecked..
RRD VISION 12M
NOBILE nhp

Another near Fatal accident today!!! 10 months 3 weeks ago #90140

• AcedUp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
lol, I didnt understand a word of that.... :S

I have alot to learn!

:)

Another near Fatal accident today!!! 10 months 3 weeks ago #90141

• dudley hayden
  • Junior Boarder
Lol...I will remember that! No kite is actually fine! I'm absolutely amazed at the canopy material on the canopy. the bladder material on the 2012 SB is not great though, IMO.

Another near Fatal accident today!!! 10 months 3 weeks ago #90142

• dudley hayden
  • Junior Boarder
This is my second near miss....my first one was over a year ago which was very bad. I nearly died.I sustained some pretty serious injuries. I was extremely lucky! Make sure you get lessons .

Another near Fatal accident today!!! 10 months 3 weeks ago #90143

• diegowhite
  • Gold Boarder
  • KiteForum Member
What happened last year?
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds